Friday, November 13, 2009
Time:
11:00 AM
Comments: 1
when i'm home alone

...or when i'm studying alone, my mind tend to wander off.

the other day i was telling my course mates that i can't study on my own, i need someone or a group of people to be around me when i'm studying. when i say i want a group of people, i meant a group of people who are also studying. i remember during my spm year, i studied with a bunch of friends at teacher grace's place, that was when i could really focus and studied like a real nerd. (oh well, i wonder, should i really use the word - nerd on me?)

but anyway, my course mates were saying that they would prefer to study alone instead of in a group. i was like, why not?


okay, i'll tell you why i can't study alone, especially when i'm at home. i would rate my home as the most not conducive environment to study.

i'll give you four reasons.

#1 the fridge

......don't you tend to look for something to eat when you are studying / doing revision? snacks like chocolates, biscuits, ice creams etc? 'cause i always need to eat something to make myself stay awake while reading that freaking big stack of law or tax notes. so food is one of my so called distraction.


#2 the computer

......this is the most distracting one. i tried to discipline myself to not touch the computer for one whole day, but obviously i failed. blame the creator of facebook games! lol. those games like bejeweled, typing maniac etc are just so addictive. i kept playing those games just to beat the highest score, i know it sounds silly but yeah. anyway, i'm still trying very hard to not touch my laptop for one day, wish me luck on this. (: obviously i'm a person who is very lack of discipline.


#3 the television

......oh well, the television is not so bad. i don't spend the whole day in front of the tv but still it can be quite distracting. when i try to abstain myself from the computer, i turn to the tv when i'm fed up with my law notes. so conclusion, television is bad for me too!


#4 the loneliness

......don't worry, i'm not an emo freak. what i meant by loneliness is that i can't stand studying alone, i need someone to be around me to study with me, to discipline me, to help me with my law paper etc. the other day i was in the library, studying on my own, i find it quite effective you know? although there were lots of unknown people over there but we were all doing the same thing, which was studying. i think all i need is just a 'studying atmosphere' as it were, then i'm sure i'll be very focus. (why my course mates don't like group study one?)


anyway, nonsense aside 'cause finals is just one month away. i can use some of the negative adjectives to describe my feelings right now, i'm seriously very scared. i can't wait till it's finally over!

p.s. sigh, even if my finals is over, i still can't make it to camp. ):

Labels: ,













melissa wong.
sasa.
01/06/1990









































Photobucket












Locations of visitors to this page

All Malaysian Bloggers Project